Wilma drip irrigation systems are designed to provide high yields in as simple a way as possible.
Why yields are bigger when using a Wilma
When watering once per day you can't give a plant all the water and nutrients it needs for optimum growth because you would waterlog the medium and starve the plant of oxygen.
In a Wilma the plants are provided with water and nutrients little and often, so they are able to take up more water and nutrient and they are never over or underfed or watered, so the Wilma produces bigger yields compared with pots.
Because of the frequent watering clay pebbles can be used which allow much more air around the roots than any other growing medium - and better access to oxygen = bigger yields.
Plants benefit from the accurate feeding of active hydroponics and you benefit from the simplicity and flexibility of growing in pots.
The ideal step up from a pot.
Golden Rule: Use the correct dripper for the growing medium. When growing in clay pebbles, use the flood drippers. For more absorbent media – soil, coco, grow cubes, mapito – use the arrow drippers.
• If using clay pebbles treat the Wilma as a re-circulating hydroponic system and top up the tank every few days with half strength nutrient solution.
• If using an absorbent medium - like soil, coco or rockwool - treat the Wilma as a dripper system with a catchment tank. The aim is to minimise run off and top up the tank with full strength nutrient solution.
• Use a cleaning product, like Atami’s ATAclean, to prevent dripper blockage.
• Set feeds on a segmental timer: when plants are young start with 2x or 3x 15minute feeds a day when using clay pebbles. Set 1x or 2x 15minute feeds a day when using an absorbent medium. Increase the number of feed periods as plants mature.
Available in a range of sizes to suit the modern grower, the Wilma has been developed to include:
- Improved spacing between pots
- A handy nutrient mixing tap
- Easier access to the reservoir
Dimentions: 60x60x20cm with 30L reservoir
Recommended Tent Size: 1m x 1m
Disclaimer: Prices onlne may differ from those instore