Gro-Tanks are often referred to as 'pure hydroponics' because virtually no growing medium is used.
Plants are placed on the planting channel and the roots grow along the channel, benefiting from unrestricted access to oxygen.
Nutrient solution is constantly pumped up from the reservoir to the ‘channel’ and flows over the roots of the plants back into the reservoir ready to be passed over the roots again.
The constant supply of water and nutrients directly to the roots combined with unlimited access to oxygen means plants are healthier, faster growing and produce up to 4x more yield than if grown using traditional soil methods.
Proven results - up to 4x greater yield than conventional growing methods.
Healthier plants – plants are never under-fed or over-watered and there is no build up of salts in the root zone.
Get more out of a small space - Gro-Tanks are just 20cm tall and there's a system for every tent size!
Very little medium used – the only growing medium used is the medium the plants were started in. This means there's less chance of disease and less waste material to transport and dispose of.
Golden Rule – Ensure plants are root bound before they go into the system. An abundance of white roots should be visible on the outside of the starter media.
• As a rule of thumb: 1 plant per square foot. This can be increased or decreased depending on plant variety.
• Pump runs for 24hrs. No need for a segmental timer or feeding schedule.
• Completely remove plastic wrapping from rockwool cubes or remove pots if using soil or coco. This allows the roots to access more oxygen.
• NFT is a bare rooted growing technique. All but the smallest of plants will need additional support, i.e. yoyo’s or pea netting.
• Cut lengths of spreader mat long enough to allow an overhang of a few inches from the channel into the tank. No trickling water sounds!
As with all hydroponic systems the reservoir should be emptied and replenished every 2-3 weeks to maintain a perfect balance of essential nutrient elements. This is easy to do - just reverse the pump and attach it to a length of hose.
GT424 Dimentions - L 110.5cm x W 48.5cm x H 20cm - 45 Litre tank.
Space for 3-5 plants - Tent size required 1.2 x 1.2m
Disclaimer: Prices onlne may differ from those instore